Monday, June 27, 2016

Runnin Rebels close out #ShowcaseClassic16


I hadn't seen GPR Under The Radar Amanda Figuroa all season so I definitely had to catch up on the multi talented 2017 guard for the Runnin Rebels. Her BB-IQ and ability to score has always been something I loved about her game but her maturity and physicality on both ends has blossomed. When you play smart, defend and can stop and pop, colleges definitely take notice at various levels and this young lady is about to be blown up

Veronica Behr continues to elevate her game and with her size and wingspan, she's definitely creating some problems on both ends of the floor but what I like even more is that she's facing the basket scoring as well. Lauren Burrow and Sidney Groves made some huge plays throughout the event while Mallory Jenkins continues to add more to her game

2019 Nariya Riley has been putting in some work, she's one of the most improved players I've noticed over the past year, from club ball to club ball and with her size, strength and athleticism, her ticket is in her pocket. I truly enjoyed watching 2018 Jayln Johnson and with the initials of JJ fitting her perfectly because I truly had some Good Times watching this athletic young lady score and defend and she made the TIP SHEET


I also got a chance to see Melissa Rodriguez who along with Taylor Hunter gave me some thrills over the years as they put up huge numbers with the Rebels. Can Rodriguez score, well let me put it to you like this, I've seen many players drop right around 10 threes in a game, but she's one of a handful I've witnessed personally, that means I SAW THIS, drop 8 in a row in both HS and club ball and that ain't know urban legend but Rodriguez will be taking that on the road to Mary Hardin-Baylor and trust me, I'll be reporting on her accomplishments