Tuesday, December 7, 2021

2021 The Prolific #TP3 Oklahoma Aces 2028

 

I started to drop the 6th graders on my website but I wanted to make sure I covered everyone instead of just the top performers for the older groups already playing middle school basketball, I am and always will be about encouraging young ladies to do their best and strive to be the best they can be so with that being said, Oklahoma is still OK.


Ava Watkins continues to impress me, not only because that 3 ball is looking better and deeper every time I see her but also because of her rebounding on both ends of the court. Karsyn Ellison continues to show she can get to the basket with ease, her ability to take the defender off the dribble and finish strongly always stands out. Kaelin Morrissey is coming along nicely, she understands the game and makes plays yet her defense was  huge plus her upside just grabs me 

Solid play on both ends of the court from Brenly Lamb is nice, she doesn't mind the physicality, either giving or taking but she handles the ball and sees the floor very well, and watching her drop the pull-up tells me a lot.  Amira Harrison just keeps adding proving #sizedontmatter when you can play. She was one of the most intense 4th graders I'd seen in my life when I first saw her and then she cracked a smile, that did IT, she handles the ball, zig-zags through traffic makes big-time passes on the money, and scores with the jumper or attacking and finishing, after contact

Bailee Guthery definitely silences the crowd with her acrobatic finishes yet it also ignites her team's fans but peep this, she's long and athletic, that's the base I USE for a particular profile, and with her UPS to rebound against taller players, she also finishes strongly after contact and plays the passing lane. Dakota Cox plays within herself yet understands how to get hers in the flow but she plays an important role by doing things that may not show up on a stat or scoresheet. Jayden Tavis did some OMG stuff because she's tall and showed solid "hands and footwork" around the basket but don't get it twisted, check that pull-up out in the picture and when you throw in she rebounds on both ends .....