Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Gene Watts Boot Camp stars ready for July

Terriell Bradley has already decided where she's heading after high school and Kansas has landed a gem in one of the top players in not only the state but also the country and for those who may not get it, Kansas is out of state, yes they do leave Texas. Bradley showed just how valuable and versatile she'll be at the next level during the Gene Watts Boot Camp as well as many other high school stars who are ready to seal deals or get their names out there this month


Jalea Bennett and Monisha Neal are names you should know, both are among the states top players as well and both are highly underrated for whatever reasons but I expect them to excel as well after high school and I'm betting on a big July as they finalize everything

I covered the first two days of the Gene Watts Boot Camp and had a chance to see some players I wasn't familiar with that showed a lot of potential and are on the verge of doing big things. Rachel Riley will be suiting up at Mansfield Timberview with Bradley and Bennett and her shooting will be an added bonus as they compete with Duncanville for district and region titles. CaMiron Smith showed me next level potential as well as she blazed through the drills and games and showed me she has continued to work since I saw her earlier this season.



I want you all to please remember these names because these young ladies are incoming freshmen and I've already seen a couple many times in a variety of situations. Lauren Bowie and Darria Williams have been getting pub from me all year, both starred on Arlington Swoosh and caught my eye the first time I saw them play so I knew the potential was there. After numerous sightings, I know they are definitely going to do some damage before they graduate and speaking of doing damage, my first look at Rachel Brice and Asha Diggs was a good one. Both are athletic and knowledgeable and when you comprehend what Gene Watts is teaching, believe me if you aren't ahead of the game now, you will be once it's over and both certainly were sponges as they absorbed everything he said


Chalk this past weekend up as yet another chapter in my 2013 "Spotting More Talent" closed with a bang and the College Prep Challenge and Gene Watts Boot Camp certainly has me ready to roll hard this month