Friday, July 19, 2013

Evaluations and rankings







I became involved in GBB back in the 90's because my daughters wanted to play and I was totally against however as it turned out I was wrong. There haven't been many times I've made mistakes since then, at least in GBB and I've had a chance to meet some very knowledgeable and intelligent people along the way however I've met quite a few at the other of the spectrum as well

When I first started GPR, I had a couple of mothers attempt to insult me because they felt I wasn't saying enough about their daughters who were putting up numbers galore. One of the moms told me a guy had a scouting service on the boy's side and was making six figures and his evaluations were their daughters were good enough to play at Stanford and Baylor. I wasn't in a good mood and I probably shouldn't have said this but I responded well I think he meant Samford and Mary Hardin-Baylor

Needless to say I was never approached or bothered by these ladies again but also needless to say I was right. You have realistic about your daughter's abilities and the main goal should be getting to the next level if possible at a school that fits your daughter.Even though I respect other people and their work,  I truly don't care where they rank their players, they have their opinions and I have mine but always remember I evaluate on what I personally see

I've listed the odds on getting a scholarship and this is from the NCAA website, not some cloak and dagger stuff I put together and more times than not, players are going to need extra help. Check out my consulting site for some informative information otherwise you might be turned upside down

Read more