Tuesday, June 1, 2021

'28-'30 Girlz Got Game Individual Showcase Tip Sheet

 


One thing I enjoy is catching new talent on the rise and the Girlz Got Game Individual Showcase did not let me down, in fact, it lifted me up as I saw some talented players who are already showing next level ability, yes I'm that good and history is on my side, so I decided to start off the Tip Sheets with the babies who haven't played their first middle school game and won't be this season either 

Zonai Cook (2028) her athleticism stood out before the camp even started and when I got a chance to see her in action, she brought so much to the table because she attacks and finishes and has a pull-up jumper, right now yet her ability to see the floor puts her ahead of the game

Naomi Durrah (2028) already understands two big things, how to create her shot and handle the ball, both under pressure and watching her attack the rim and finish strongly, especially going 1 on 1, was big but she also saw the floor and made passes on the money while attacking

Sari Green (2028) I always enjoy watching players that understand the little things early which become big things as they get older and watching her get positioning to rebound, on both ends, as well as finish on putbacks and defend was refreshing 

Kennedy Price (2028) she went through the drills with ease, that didn't surprise me because I've caught her working out before yet she creates her shot well and showed the midrange as well as attacking and finishing after contact. She also played the passing lane and did a good job defending 

Bristol Jensen (2029) I thought I was seeing things until she showed it again but her crossover is going to create some problems in the future, well more problems because it enabled her to get by defenders in both the open and half-court and she also showed she could hit the pull-up jumper

Arianni Hodge (2030) youngest player at the camp yet you'd never know it and she proved #sizedontmatter because she can flat out play. She handles the ball well under pressure, attacks the basket, and dropped the outside shot while being defended. Doing what she did playing up says a lot