Monday, July 13, 2020

Player Spotlight- 2022 Makenna Walker

I'm always searching for "that new face" that's abundant throughout girl's basketball because one of the reasons I started doing what I do in Texas over 15 years ago because the national media didn't know or didn't know what they were looking at and I used the phrase "talent is everywhere" if you know what you're looking at so I'm checking out multiple teams on multiple courts at She's Ballin Extravaganza and I'm watching from afar as I see the ball going up and hearing cheer after cheer so I move to that court and low and behold, Makenna Walker was the young lady on fire

Walker was more than a pleasant surprise as she brought heat on both ends of the court but her jumper was very impressive and watching her create her shot under pressure was equally exciting especially when she not only attacked and finished with contact but she also did it acrobatically showing her athleticism, which also stood out on the defensive end as she played the passing lane and car up with numerous steals. This was her first season at 5A Princeton HS after moving up from a 3A school where she started and was named All-District Honorable mention, she earned that award again at Princeton, and to show me I wasn't seeing a mirage a few weeks ago she has continued to impress me with Cy Fair Elite 16U National Dallas, check out her highlight film