Friday, August 3, 2012

Cabot Big Red Is Regrouping

Elliot Taylor

When I covered the Prime Time National Championship last week, those 12 hour days cut into my workout time but walking up and down the stairs made up for it and when I saw "Big Red" on the jerseys along with several familiar faces, I had to go down for a double take and yes I had seen many of these ladies from Cabot High before

Before they won the 7A Girls State Title in Arkansas, I had a chance to see them during last seasons Mansfield Rotary where they knocked off several outstanding teams on their way to a 6th place finish, one of those teams was Mansfield Summit, the Texas 4A State Champion

Their graceful scorer, Melissa Wolff, is now ready to do her thing at Arkansas however Elliot Taylor and play-maker Jaylin Bridges are stepping up to the plate to take charge and keep Big Red the same flavor