Saturday, July 10, 2010

Premier 64-Wrap Up


Over the years, so many of my favorite shows have ended in ways that surprised me, Lost and 24 to name a couple. I think one of the best way to wrap something up is to finish with how it started and having a chance to talk with Gary and Barbara Blevins was as exciting as watching Alexis Jones. Mr. Blevins helped get the ball rolling in AAU on both sides in Texas and was astounded at how it has grown into what it is today. The Blevins were also one of the forces behing the Texas Shooting Stars, one of the top programs in the country back in the day. I am glad I had a chance to meet this lovely couple and I'm looking forward to seeing them next year.

Cierra Maykus and Morgan Bolton from the very talented Liberty 360





Alex and Brianna, two of the four 2013 players from H-Town on Hoopgurlz.com watch list










Action filled games involving the Jammers, Texas Crossover and Stars











The Shock Nike Elite 2 getting it done and two of their players taking a break. This team has some good players on the verge of breaking out.



Sister Act, Michelle and Stephanie Nwokedi finally letting me take a shot





This Dream Team player may turn out to be a nightmare for opponents



while this Nike Elite 1 young lady is looking forward to a great year at Cinco Ranch






Round Rock's Geneva Anderson was quite impressive with the Dream Team


One of the Westside Elite Class of 2013 stars on the rise




Minta Spears can shoot it folks. I saw the kid win the 3 point shooting contest at BCI Nationals when she was around 10 or 11 and she was going against everyone, seniors included



Although under the National radar, Brittany Branch is one of my picks for top 2013 players in Houston. Watch out, she's coming!