Friday, August 4, 2023

E.P.I.C. Tournament 3rd/4th Grade Standouts


 In case you aren't familiar with me, I am the FIRST person to cover girls' basketball in Texas. I used to complain about what the National Media was not saying about my state, so I threw in the towel and started doing it myself. 


My mission has always been to give those who may not have a chance to be seen, that chance because one thing I know is #talentiseverywhere so I don't play politics, I have no agenda whatsoever and I have been through this as a parent, my daughter plays in the WNBA, a club coach and now as a scout/evaluator so here are some of the BABIES I had a chance to evaluate 

TULALIP UNITY

Kris Williams was one of the standouts in the division, I watched her dive on the floor for loose balls and go after rebounds on both ends of the court but her FLOTA was nice as she scored off the dribble and she came away with steals using her quick hands. 

#2 was probably Rylee Tom and she does what I love seeing players do at any age and that's play the passing lane. She handled the ball under pressure and also showed she could score off the dribble

Shawn Cortez did a good job of handling the ball and seeing the floor, but she also understands how to create her shot while being defended

Good defense from Mari'Anna Valencia, who also rebounded strongly, Nayeli Valencia, and Tenya Robinson who scored off the dribble and I'm guessing  #11 is Alexis Williams who also defended well

YOUNG WARRIORS

I have an old saying, not just because I'm old but SIZE DON'T MATTER when you can play and both Nani Tulee and Journey Johnson showed just that as their DESIRE just stood completely out

Temi Meninock did a little bit of everything as she was overly impressive in an abundance of areas like crossover dribble, her pull-up jumper, and her ability to catch ad shoot at this stage tells me a lot about what's coming. She also scored off the dribble, as well as on putbacks because she rebounded strongly, on both ends

Strong ballhandling and court vision from Annabelle Corone to go along with her pull-up jumper were nice, she even showed she could drop it from deep but her teammates Tatyana Wesley and Millie Palmonteer also showed they understand how to get their shot off from outside and drop it. Palmonteer also did a good job playing the passing lane