Sunday, February 15, 2015

St Stephens defeats Kincaid in thriller for SPC Championship

As busy as I am, I'm glad I adjusted my Saturday to go see some action at St Johns because I got a good look at players I hadn't seen from various areas plus I also saw witnessed the last time I would see Tess Clark (John Cooper) and Tyjae Scales (Kinkaid) play a high school game



What's that old saying, out with the old, in what the new, well several of the top 2018 players in Texas were on hand as well, Jasmine Smith (Kinkaid) Kansas Watts (Episcopal) and Madison Williams (Trinity Valley), Williams is a legitimate Top 100 prospect nationally.


In the championship game St Stephens defeated Kincaid 45-43, Caroline Herrera got them off and running hitting shots from everywhere with Maddie Almada and Brittany Adams filling in the blanks early. Smith caught fire for Kincaid, well so did Frances Andrews and their inside presence of Alexis Johnson and Scales kept the game close throughout


Maya Sampleton hit some big shots as well for St Andrews and both of these teams simply fought to the end but the dominance of Adams gets her the nod for GPR Player of the Game. Pics on twitta later with a few simmaries

BRACKET