Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WBW-Lulu McKinney




It took me a while to figure out what TBT was, well actually I gave up and my kids, hey I'm only interested in acronyms I make up, usually as I go but after going over some of the older pics, I thought why not do a WBW, way back Wednesday, I'm an innovator folks


Lulu McKinney was at that initial Ganon Baker Camp I covered and although she was only heading to the 8th grade, I had seen enough of her to kn ow she had the drive and the desire to not only play at the next level. She was already strong and shifty, she could get to the rim whenever she wanted, but the best thing about her game is that she was smart and understood things many high school seniors didn't, I'm just keeping it real


After helping Bellaire make a huge run at state this season, McKinney put up numbers galore and although I don't have the stats, she probably averaged close to a double because she can rebound quite well from the guard spot. Through all of this, she is truly one of the players who never changed off the court and as one of the states top prospects, she will do well wherever she chooses