Friday, March 2, 2012

Summit Lives Up To Expectations

MAYA HAWKINS

I saw something in Summit back when they came to town for the Texas Invitational and it seems like in every big game, they have different players step up beside their two stars Ashley Eli and Maya Hawkins. Nothing seemed to go right when they played Cabot in the Mansfield Rotary Tournament

 That loss may have done more for them than they could have imagined at the time as they came back to not only avenge last seasons loss to Canyon but will finish no lower than 2nd in state. Let me quote myself again "Ranked #4 by TABC in 4A, Summit reached the Region 1 final last season where they lost to Canon (29-26) and I'm sure they feel they can make it to state this season and if they stay healthy, I kind of have that same feeling."


SUMMIT